Are you a teen, transracial, international adoptee? Are you entering 9-12 grade?
This summer, meet other adoptees who share similar experiences in a no-cost group: TRIA: Our Stories Our Lives
What is this group?
- New, 10-week no-cost emotional wellness group for teen youth
- Led by adoptees! “For us, by us,” which means we “get it”!
- Connect with other teens (No need to “explain adoption” to them)
- Tell your stories in a safe(r) space and navigate your emerging identities
- Explore how you relate to others, express feelings, and form relationships
- Combine all your experiences in a way that makes them meaningful for you
Through FUN and CREATIVE activities (and LOTS of snacks!!!), we’ll help you discover more of yourself to be comfortable in your own skin, while highlighitng issues that many teen adoptees grapple with. You will leave empowered, and with new friends!
The group will be led by TRIA therapists Julie Jong Koch, MSW, LICSW and Jessica Shultz, MA.
When: Weekly on Wednesdays 6-8pm, from JULY 19- SEPT 20 (10 weeks)
Where: Watercourse Counseling Center South Clinic 3548 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis
The Details: Enrollment is limited to 10 participants, and attendance at all 10 sessions is expected. Snacks, refreshments, and all materials are provided. Selection of participants will be based on adoptee self-interest, availability, appropriateness for group setting, and other factors.
To schedule a pre-interview or for more information, contact Julie by Wednesday, July 12: Voicemail: 612.767.8663 / Email: juliek[at]watercoursecounseling.org
Watercourse Counseling Center TRIA: Our Stories Our Lives program is a proud recipient of the Headwaters Foundation Community Innovation Grant, a partnership between Headwaters Foundation and the Bush Foundation. This grant supports communities to use problem solving processes that lead to more effective, equitable, and sustainable solutions. It allows communities to increase collective understanding of an issue, generate ideas, and/or test and implement solutions.