Summer 2021: Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals
Play Therapy Interventions for Addressing the Needs of Autistic Children and Adolescents
WHEN: June 9th , 2021 from 9:00am – 4:00pm CST, with 1 hour lunch break.
WHAT: Virtual training with lecture and participatory components led by Robert Grant, EdD, LPC, RPT-S, ACAS. https://www.robertjasongrant.com/about-dr-grant/
1) Implement play therapy theories and approaches to address mental health needs of autistic and neurodivergent children and adolescents.
2) Identify evidence-supported play therapy approaches for working with children and adolescents affected by neurodevelopmental disorders.
3) Describe several structured play therapy interventions that can be implemented with autistic and neurodivergent children and adolescents.
4) Describe special considerations when implementing play therapy approaches with autistic and neurodivergent children.
5) Explain how to design a play therapy intervention and playroom set up when implementing play therapy with autistic children.
6) Outline the most common neurodevelopmental disorders as defined by the DSM V.
CEUs: Provides 6 continuing education credits